Saturday 25 May 2013

Saturday.


Been a fairly hectic day. Started at 10 o'clock this morning, when we went to St. Mary's Church, where a flower exhibition is being held with 'Time' as a theme. Above is the church porch with some rather formal flower arrangements. The arrangement below is called Time for Romance. I could see the idea, but some of the flower arrangements' connexion with 'Time' was perhaps a little stretched.


The following three illustrations are of our friend Audrey's arrangements. She is a retired botanical illustrator and garden designer, and designed the layout of our garden some years ago. I hope she won't mind my saying that she is approaching her ninetieth birthday, and her thoughts seem to have been returning to the past  in this arrangement. It is called 'A time to remember'. It is much 'greyer' than the other flower arrangements and made a deeper impression on me. She's called it 'A time....... to help heroes'.




The snapshot below is of a lovely, rather restrained, windowsill arrangement.


The font decorated.


The shot below is of Ann at the raffle stall chatting to Joan and Jean who run it.


We had to make our visit to the flower exhibition rather a flying one, as I'd arranged an appointment at eleven in a village about five miles away to advise on the possible purchase of an antique clock. Back home by twelve thirty and a quick sandwich lunch before I was off out again to scrabble club. Played the usual three games (won the last one).  Home again by four thirty. Light meal at five thirty because there's a concert on in Church as part of the flower festival, at which Ann is helping with the refreshments. I decided not to accompany her, as I felt I'd done about enough today. Ann agreed with me, so I stayed at home, cleared the kitchen, and wrote a leisurely blog entry (herewith).
Going to toy  with  the crossword puzzle (already half done), read the paper, and probably drowse a little.

          Goodnight All.

3 comments:

Rog said...

Very creative.

I wouldn't like to meet your Scrabble opponents for the first 2 games though....

Unknown said...

Thank you Rog. I'll pass your comment on to the organiser.

Ref "I wouldn't like to meet......."
You would Rog. They're charming people. But they're both vicious scrabble players, and given the chance, they'd skin you!!!

Unknown said...

P.s. At scrabble, that is. Whilst chatting pleasantly and inconsequentially all the time.