Sunday 3 February 2013

Sunday.


Earlier this week (on Wednesday evening in fact) we decided that my poor old bureau needed clearing out. It was bulging at the seams with about forty years of things that we didn't really want to throw out, or rather that we wanted to throw out, but hardly liked to. Anyway, we decided that we'd be strong minded about it before the thing actually BURST. So far we have done a drawer an evening, and have cleared the bottom three drawers out.  Well worth doing - in that the three drawers now are about half full, and we've chucked out stuff that I can't think why we kept in the first place.   We did decide to keep the below two photographs which were taken in 1961 (the year in which we became affianced/engaged). You'd probably recognise the top one of the below two photos, but I'm not sure that you would the bottom one.



And I really don't think you'd have recognised the below two photographs, although they're of the same two people in the same order. The things you find in old bureaux !!!!!

Good night All.


10 comments:

Crowbard said...

You haven't changed a bit old bean!... except your beard appears to have migrated from the top of your head to your chin?
Lordy Mike, but your Annie is a striking beauty... fortunately I'm usually out of range!

Rog said...

The top two are definitely East Germsn spies who defected to the West. Not sure about the midgets in the second pictures though.

Unknown said...

Than you Crowbard - I think.

Unknown said...

Rog - Donner und Blitzen. Discovered vee haf been. Vee must now ze country flee.

Maggie said...

What a handsome couple you both were, and still are of course!

I do envy you your baby pictures, I have no idea what I looked liked as a baby as Mum and Dad didn't have a camera until I was about 6 or 7.

I assume I looked like Emma as a baby. Emma had a striking resemblance to Sarah and Lottie except Emma had very dark hair.

Unknown said...

Thank you Maggie.
I don't think you had the dark hair that Emma had, but you were a very pretty baby and toddler (i.e. after I'd taught you to walk one summer when we stayed a week with you. You were, I think, about fifteen months old at the time, which would give us the August of ........ Oh well, we won't go into such personal details- it would be ungallant.
Warm regards, Mike.

Maggie said...

Didn't Donner and Blitzen pull Father Christmas's sleigh along with Rudolph and the others?

Unknown said...

Yes, I think so Maggie, but I think Rudolph was a rather later member of the team - 1950s, I'd guess.

Nea said...

Beautiful babies and a very handsome German couple? I hope you didn't throw out these family heirlooms?

<3 pooh

Unknown said...

Thank you Ruth. Everything of interest is now back in the bureau, and I've written names and dates on the back of any photographs that might be before your time.
Much love - Pa and Granny.