Wednesday 18 July 2012

Wednesday.


 Went to early service this morning, and read the first lesson. Took the above photo when we returned. The roses scrambling over our fence are our neighbour's, but they seem determined to come into our garden; can't think why, our side of the fence is north facing, so you'd think they'd be happier on their side. Still, they're very welcome.


This afternoon Ann went with the Mothers' Union on a visit to Copford Church in Essex. We went there last November (I think) and I showed some photographs of it then. So I gave Ann my camera and asked if she would take a few more photos of it for my blog. The Church was built about the year 1130, and the murals are of the same date. The one illustrated above is in the apse.


The bench ends in the choir stalls (above and below) are modern (i.e. 20th century), but of lovely workmanship.

I've spent today getting on in my workshop, and got several jobs done.  Ann got home at just after five o'clock, came in quietly, and rather sneakily took a photograph of me in me scruff (shown below).


Been a long day - we got up at six a.m. and as the clocks are now striking ten (p.m.), and Ann's just gone up, I'm going to join her.  Goodnight All.

4 comments:

Rog said...

...and I thought the bow tie was a permanent fixture...

Unknown said...

No Rog, if I'm in my workshop I sometimes relax in the informal comfort of a cravat, as you can see.
'Slobbing out' I think it's called in modern parlance.

Pat said...

Following the mood of the photos I thought you were sitting at the organ:)

Unknown said...

'Seated one day at the organ
I was weary and ill at ease;
and my fingers wandered idly......'

Although looking at the photo I can see what you mean. Picking out with my left hand whatever the base line is supposed to be singing is about the limit of my keyboard skills.