Wednesday 23 May 2012

Wednesday.



Read lesson at early service this morning  (for Crowbard's information last few verses of Acts 20- which seem to indicate that someone loved Paul). Left Church rather earlier that usual as I was booked to go and do running repairs to a long case clock of my aquaintance. As we left Church I saw a notice that I thought I must take a photo of later.  Forgot to mention above photo of our garden which has the best crop of Grannie's nightcaps we've ever had (aquilegia for pedants).


Such a good crop of them that Ann's picked some for the house.


 After fixing clock (job was fairly easy to do, but took me a while to spot- clocks cut you down to size; when you think you know everything that can go wrong with them, they come up with something new just to confound you) got home about mid day. Picked up camera and walked back to Church. In the churchyard I saw a couple of youngsters making the most of the sunshine and partaking of a lunch of fish and chips on the grass. Provided that they dispose of  the wrappings tidily I don't see how anyone could object. Nice to see the churchyard being used and enjoyed.



Above is the notice I mentioned earlier. It refers to a practice I wrote about a few weeks ago regarding the youngsters of the town who ride their bicycles and scooters up and down the nave of the church, and bans the practice. But according to the notice it only bans 'young people' from doing this. So I think I'll take advantage of the Dean's kindly offer, dust my old bike off, and take exercise by pedalling up and down the aisles for a while. That'll teach him to observe the rules against 'ageism'.   'YOUNG PEOPLE' indeed!

9 comments:

Rog said...

Sounds like a good plan Mike. Can I come and watch?

Unknown said...

You can not only come and watch Rog; you can come and join in as long as you no longer qualify as a 'young people', which from memory of last years Z meet, I think you probably don't quite.
P.s. bring your own scooter or bicycle.

Unknown said...

Just been checking back in blog, and on Wednesday 15th February I spent the afternoon in St. Mary's Church discouraging the youngsters from riding bikes and scooters in the Church. It has been an ongoing situation since then.

Unknown said...

P.s. Still, the notice I illustrate should solve the problem as far as 'young people' are concerned, if they read the notice and conduct themselves accordingly.

Unknown said...

P.P.S. And if Rog and I carry out our protest plan, then the ban should be broadened to include all ages of cyclists and scooterists, and the Church should once again be safe for pedestrians.

Rog said...

Aisle be there!

Unknown said...

That'll be three knaves there then (if you count the nave).

PixieMum said...

Mike, Have sent you an email rather than inform the whole blog world, trust it is the right address.

Regards, PixieMum

Unknown said...

Hello Pixie Mum. Your email arrived. Trust you got my reply. To put it briefly, if you can detach it, only bring the movement, pendulum and weights.
Warm regards, Mike.