Monday 9 January 2012

Monday.


Didn't really intend to blog today - been a busy one, but took the above photo in town - window box on the front of a friend's house on the High Street.

This afternoon went to a  lecture (U3A- University of the 3rd Age, Lori, don't know if you have these. The idea is that people over a certain age can carry right on learning) on Suffolk Punches. The correct name is the Suffolk Horse, or the Suffolk Sorrel Horse, with slides on a screen. It was fascinating, but I had to slide out three quarters of the way through and nip round the corner to our surgery where I had an appointment to have me ears syringed out. The nurse who did it didn't waste any time, and I was able to slip back into the lecture towards the end of it. 

The lower picture is of one of Ann's Amarylises, which has decided to flower fairly early. The colour is of a rather deeper velvety red than the photo shows. It's a beauty.

 Got an early start ack emma, so going to grab an early night.  Goodnight all.  



4 comments:

stigofthedump said...

Lovely flower !
ack Emma ????
Crossword has me puzzled this week - will call later for help, if that's ok.
Much love Stig x

PixieMum said...

Did you see the feature on Suffolk horses last week? It was on Michael Portillo's train journey from Great Yarmouth to London. Think it may have been last Tuesday or Wednesday, haven't watched them all yet. It's BBC2 at 6.30pm each evening. Last week was East Anglia, yesterday the programme started in Windsor.

Unknown said...

Hi Sal. Haven't done very much of it meself - about a third, I think. Give me a ring this evening, or whenever. Could any Crossword puzzle, however abstruse, withstand two such intellects as ours???? That, of course, is a rhetorical question, and not to be took serious.

Hi P.m. We haven't had a telly for about fifteen years. Mark you, it's programmes such as you describe that sometimes make us wonder if we should have. But not much.

PixieMum said...

We are selective in our viewing, find we watch BBC4 quite a bit, some fascinating social documentaries, like History of Pathé News, Climbing great buildings, The great British outdoors. The last one made me laugh out loud so it must have been good. If I am watching TV I will knit at the same time so I feel I am not wasting time.