Monday 15 August 2011

Monday.




This morning our friend Helga (who is from Germany originally, married an Englishman, and has lived in England for a great many years) called in for coffee, together with her her sista Ingeborg and Ingeborg's two long term foster children, Felix (fourteen) and Angelique (twelve). The children were bright, intelligent, youngsters, who seemed to be pleased to be able to practice their English on us (as well they might be, as their English is excellent). They were also refreshingly good mannered children. The three of them have been staying with Helga, and will fly home tomorrow (they live in the old East Germany area).




The snapshot above is of dahlias that grew from a corm that friend Brenda gave to Ann for her birthday last March. They've done well.
Must do a bit of work now. More blog later perhaps.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Christopher said...

Do I espy cup-cakes? Mmm...I'm sure this will be a lasting memory of England.

Unknown said...

Hello Christopher. I've just checked with the maker and culinary expert, and she says yes, sort of, with chocolate and chopped, dried apricots. She ran them up when she knew the children were coming. Also fruit cake for more mature palates (not that there's anything wrong with cup cakes- however mature the palate).

Pat said...

Yes you didn't mention the cup cakes but some of us are addicted:)
I'm envious of the dahlias - I've grown tired of my dark red ones and one didn't survive.
Word verification : nolovins.

Crowbard said...

Dear Pat, Please convey my deepest affection to your compooter which regrets the parlous absence of 'Love-ins'. I must confess to dottardly, misty-eyed regrets of a similar order when I recall cup-cakes and cuddles shared under the stage (which I had delivered and erected) at Leicester's first free rock-festival back in 1971 in what has since become Nelson Mandella Park. Love & Peace. Pootatu's v-word is 'Luter'... Whether she refers to the sweet, romantic melodies we made or to the cup-cakes we looted from the Women's Institute cake-stall I cannot tell. Rock-fests just aren't the same these days.... snivvle, sniff, etc...

Strawberry said...

I like the flowers

Crowbard said...

PS
I seem to recall Jethro Tull and Battered Ornament among the musicians and a Ginsbergian poet who taught us the words to the Hari Krishna chant at the first Leicester free rock festival.

PPS I meant of course cup-cakes and cuppas under the stage... I've no idea why Pootatu wrote cuddles. Sorry about that kiddie-wink-wink-winkies!