Friday 5 August 2011

Friday 2.






Yesterday evening we went on our annual visit to the RedRose Group's theatre in the forest (Rendlesham), to see Twelfth Night. Went with our usual group, and had a picnic before the performance. The performance was as good as it usually is (eight actors performing all the parts). It had been a wet day on and off, so we dressed accordingly, and even a ten minute downpour in the middle of the first half didn't spoil the evening.

This morning fellow bloggers Steve and Liz called in (by arrangement) and we went off to Hollowtrees farm restaurant and partook of the excellent breakfast supplied by that establishment. Very pleasant morning, but I think it only fair to suggest to any East Anglian readers who decide to try the place that the 'half full English breakfast' will easily satisfy any but the stoutest trenchermen.
Photoes above are of the garden which is really looking colourful at the moment. Been pottering in the workshop for most of the afternoon and evening. Ann's just gone up, so - Goodnight All.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Z said...

I feel quite the matchmaker! Very pleased you all met up again.

Sir Bruin said...

I suppose that I must fall into the category of "Stoutest trencherman" then. Mind you, I didn't eat much for the rest of the day.

Liz said...

Mike - it was nice to see you both again and I enjoyed my half English. Eating a normal breakfast at an early time when I go back to work next week is going to be traumatic.

Sir B - I am resisting the urge to make further use of the term 'stoutest'.

Z - When is your next party?

Christopher said...

I do like that garden furniture, but can't help wondering what patterns are left on the anatomies of stout trenchermen (like Sir Toby Belch) after a lengthy sitting.

Unknown said...

Thank you Z. You make yourself sound like an 'Agony Aunt' though.

Sir Bruin - yes, I know what you mean. Enjoyed mine but think I'll go for the lesser one next time.

Thank you Liz. Don't rub it in though.

Hello Christopher. Having seen Twelfth Night this week, and now your comment, I must say that Sir Toby Belch does keep coming up this week, if you'll excuse the 'orrible pun.

Z said...

Dave can only cope with one party a year, but I think the rest of have stouter hearts. And trenchers. You can all come for breakfast if you like.

Nea said...

Sorry about that, I see I left my little collection of stones on your garden table.

Unknown said...

Don't worry about it, daughter dear, I have already arranged a good home for them, they are destined to decorate the kitchen sink garden.

Lori Skoog said...

Beautiful photos Mike!