Friday 22 April 2011

Good Friday 1.

This afternoon we decided to go for a walk in our local bluebell woods. We'd been told they were in full flower, although I always think of May as the 'bluebell' month. On the way there we passed the above Suffolk cottage. The weatherboarding make it look more Essex than Suffolk, but it is in South Suffolk.

Bluebells.

Stump of old tree that would now be massive, had it not been coppiced over many years, to give a supply of poles/firewood. I would think it was last coppiced (i.e. cut to ground level) about thirty years ago, since when it has grown about eight fair sized saplings in a ring round the old stump.

Slight problem with pictures - bear with me a minute.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Crowbard said...

That weatherboarded cottage puts me in mind of Pop Trower's shed...
I can almost smell the tar!

Reminds me of the seminary quizz- night catechism...

Q. How do you baptise a duck?
A. With tar because water just runs straight off 'em!

Pootatu says 'ductisr'

... Honest Bruv, I might exaggerate about the seminary but never about the serendipitous word of verification!

Unknown said...

Ref coincidental word verification; I get them, sometimes weirdly coincidental, sometimes amusingly coincidental, but I ALWAYS IGNORE them, so as not to give the machine the satisfaction of thinking it's it has any form of artificial intelligence, and getting above itself.
(PP (sh) Or they'll end up trying to take over).