Tuesday 8 February 2011

Tuesday.

Above picture is of the same clump of snowdrops that I photographed in bud about three weeks ago. Lower photo was taken a few yards away from the snowdrops, and shows croccii in bud (I know that plural is a bit pretentious but it was how I was taught to spell the plural of crocus some sixty or so years ago, and I still find it difficult to write 'croccuses').



The next photo shows the playing field of the local junior school taken from our back bedroom window by Ann earlier this evening - and a fine evening it was too. This is only going to be a short blog I'm afraid, as we've an early start tomorrow - 7.30 a.m. service, I'm 'Deaconing' and Ann's reading both lessons. We're also giving two couple of friends lunch tomorrow, so it'll be a busy morning. Goodnight All.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

There is something very unfair about you having flowers in bloom....

Unknown said...

The thing about English weather, Lori, is that it is totally unpredictable, which is why it is such a topic of conversation with us. And, of course, it does keep things interesting.

Unknown said...

P.s. In the garden, I mean. And, as I've said to you before, if you will go off and live in the wilds of the unexplored new world, you must expect some drawbacks, I'm afraid.
Love, Mike and Ann.

Crowbard said...

Jude is very happy with her Iris Reticulata that are in full bloom with a lovely indigo petal and bright yellow throats... brave little souls!
Since it's been a little more clement in Oadby, pootatu thinks she's in oven city.
Her v-word is ovencti
She is seriously exagerating!