Wednesday 16 June 2010

Wednesday.

 


Took the above photo this morning. Baby blackbird, waiting for its father (to theleft of the picture, and at present being run off his feet) to feed it. Please ignore my rude and derogatory remarks in yesterday's blog about long case clock. Came down this morning just after six (early service on Wednesday's) and found the clock had been going well all night. Spent the rest of this morning, and some of this afternoon, putting the strike train on the clock to rights. Hope to finish the job tomorrow. We are now on our way out to have a meal with friends. I was telling granddaughter Lucy a few moments ago that the last time we ate with these friends, we ended up (about a dozen of us) playing rounders (a gentle form of baseball, Lori) on their meadow. It's probably too cold an evening for that tonight (though it's nice and sunny- wind's in the North), but we'll see. Shan't be in till late, so I'll wish you all a very good night now.
Warm regards, Mike and Ann.
P.s. If you read my comments, you'll find there's a new one on yesterday's blog by Stigofthedump (which is the nom de plume of our eldest daughter).
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

stigofthedump said...

it is I - stig of the dump - I like birds, I have three chickens what i do love and they make me eggies - i also love red wine quite alot !!!

From Sophie: My mummy is special with a capital "R" :}

Crowbard said...

How sharper than a serpent's tooth... eh, Stig-o.t.d?
(to quote from one of our Irish ancestors - although I believe his name was Llyr rather than the Lear given by shakespear, so who knows whether he actually said that or if The Swan of Avon put the words into his mouth merely for dramatic effect?)

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'd have even seen the baby bird had you not said that its Dad was to the left of the picture!

Pat said...

Lovely shot. Aren't Mrs Perkins pinks fragrant?

Unknown said...

Hello Pat. These are (I think) Mendlesham Maid pinks, and were bred by an old friend of ours, a Mrs. Schofield, from the old fashioned Mrs. Sinkins pinks. They do, as you say have a glorious scent with overtones of cloves. I do like Dianthuses (? Dianthii- one sounds wrong - the other pretencsious- you'll know what I mean).
Regards, Mike.