Tuesday 15 June 2010

Tuesday 2.

 


I have spent today wrestling with an ill natured grandfather clock, or that's what it feels like. Until half an hour ago the clock was winning easily on points, but I now think I can see daylight at the end of the tunnel (gosh, I'm really mixing my metaphores over this one- I blame the clock). I shall leave the clock running when I go up to bed in about five minutes, and I shan't know till morning whether I've wasted a day, or done some good.

Oh, by the way, the clock pictured above is not the one I've just been cussing about, but a good, well natured, and well behaved clock, that gave me no trouble at all, that I've illustrated to remind meself of why I do this, and that most old clocks are a pleasure to deal with. Goodnight everyone.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

stigofthedump said...

nice clock, but ours is nicer !! ha ha I can comment on your blog now - this internet malarky is fun but is now eleven o'clock and I still haven't put the brats to bed ... they are asleep on the sofa, shameful woman !

Unknown said...

For the outcome of day's wrestling with clock see yomorrow's blog
(Wednesday).

Anonymous said...

Oh Mike, it's a good thing we don't live in the same country or I'd be hassling you to take me to auctions and markets for such beauties! (Btw, the wall behind is a beautiful colour).

Unknown said...

Thank you, Miss D. If ever you come to England I will point you in the right direction for such beauties. The paint was on the cellar walls when we bought the place, but it needed repainting a year or so ago, and I had to get the colour made up to match the old paint. The contrast shows off the goodies rather well.
Regards, Mike.