Sunday 11 April 2010

Sunday 3.

 


View of Polstead Hall from the churchyard. On the way to Polstead I told Matthew about Polstead Church, which is a very interesting one, built partly of Norman bricks, with a good deal of reused Roman masonry, and whilst I find it fascinating, I didn't really expect it to interest a sixteen year old boy much. When we got there we parked near the churchyard, where our planned footpath walk begins, and rather to my surprise Matt asked if we could go and look round the church first. So Ann sat outside on a bench in the sun and Matthew and I had a quick look round inside the church. We then walked over the meadows and along the lanes to the water mill, then back by the road to the village. Got home about four. After dinner we played scrabble. Another very good game in that FOUR seven latter words were laid down. Ann had two and Matt and I one each. The final score was Ann had 286 points, Matthew had 219 points, and I had 217 points, which gave us a combined score of 722 points, which is quite good.
Matt has a bit of a sore throat, probably due to the gloss paint he was using in the scullery yesterday, so I am going upstairs now to make him a hot toddy (with Ann's approval). Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: