Thursday 15 April 2010

Friday 1.

 


Above photo is of a pulsitilla which is flowering profusely in our herb garden (don't quite know why it's there; I don't think it's a herb. Just checked it in Nicholas Culpepper's English Physician and there's no mentionof it there).
Walked into town this morning, posted a letter, then to bank, then home. Early afternoon motored over to Manningtree and put grandson Matthew on train to London (home). Then home and out to tea with Sylvia, who we've known, to nod to, all the sixteen years we've been here. Then, some weeks ago, sat next to her at lunch at Hilary's. Since when she has issued us an invitation to tea with her. Very good tea - egg and cress sandwiches, fruit cake, and chocolate sponge cake. And, of course, tea. She's very good company, good conversationalist, with a pleasant, dry wit. Must make a return invitation, probably to lunch. Choir practice this evening. Went well. Just checked with Ann and pulsitilla IS a herb. It' used in homoeopathy. It's also known as the pasque flower.
Ann's just gone up to bed, so I must follow. Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

DILLIGAF said...

I've got that growing around my pond! I had no idea what it was! I even thought, before it flowered a couple of years back, that it was a weed! So glad I gave it a chance!