Monday 18 May 2009

Monday.


Snapshot taken about ten days ago in a village a few miles from here.

Went to the Hadleigh Show on Saturday morning. It's one of the longest running agricultural shows in the country. It was started in the 1830s and has run continuously since then with a break from 1940 to 1945, when we had other things to think about. I took loads of photoes to show in this blog, but when I got home I found that the camera hadn't stored them. Don't know what I'd done wrong - it's working again now. I'm sorry I can't show you any, but if you flick back in this blog to same time last year you'll find I took (and published) much the same sort of thing then. Scrabble Club on Saturday afternoon. Three good games- won two of them, but in both cases- only just. Just back from lipreading class and feeling thoroughly cream crackered (rhyming slang for a trifle fatigued). Friend Terry Turk is coming for an early supper, then we're going with her to a lecture about Henry VIII. Might (or might not) be quite interesting. Will report thereon (if I remember) later. Cheers for now, Mike.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

halcyon said...

I appreciate the problem. The pictures of the sunrise from Southwold beach look the same from year to year. However the beach does change. Anno Domini!

Unknown said...

I've a feeling that Dunwich beach (if not Southwold beach) has changed considerably more over the last century or so than our agricultural show has.

Cheers, Mike.

Crowbard said...

Was Dunwich one of the sank ports Mike? Thinque you?