Friday 28 December 2007

Friday.




Pleasant day. Late morning we all went for a walk along the river, fed the ducks, watched a young fisherman, went to a park with swings and what appeared to be a junior assault course. Walked home through the town, and in my case sat in my chair to catch up on the news, and awoke an hour later with the newspaper on the floor, my specs on the end of my nose, and a cup of (completely cold) tea on the stool beside me - very kindly supplied by Ann who didn't like to wake me -even kinder. We ate at 3p.m.- Ruth and Lasse had been out to the new Indian restaurant and bought back a takeaway meal. Lasse knows about Indian food and this was excellent - all the ingredients (or ingreediments as Ruth used to call them when younger) tasted fresh, and there were some very subtle blends of taste. About 6 p.m. we had a cup of tea and a mince pie (with some of the brandy butter left over from Christmas day. Took the photo of three generations in the kitchen about an hour ago (from left to right Ruth, Freja and Ann). The two girls are now in bed, and all's quiet and all's well. Goodnight and God bless you all.

No comments: