Thursday 27 June 2019

Thursday.



Yesterday our good  friends John and  Margaret Tinworth came and spent time with us. It was lovely to see them. John had bought with him a couple of small ash trees, which he has started to bonsai, knowing I shall enjoy turning them into miniature Japanese gardens. I have about ten of  these trees, from a small yew tree which I have been 'bonsaing' for about ten years now, through to the two ash trees John bought over yesterday.  Oh well - keeps me off the streets, I suppose. (Grandaughter (who is reading this epistle over my shoulder, is, at this point, murmuring "True, true'   in grndmotherly fashion rather than grand daughterly.  She has just capped it with a  "Youngsters these day!!!!"and an implied "Tut tut."

5 comments:

Crowbard said...

How well she knows you Bruvver-Dear!
Don't bonsai all the ash trees Mike, full grown ones provide lovely walking sticks. Can't imagine how I'd get along with a four inch high walking stick.... might come in handy when I'm a bit more old and bent perhaps?

Z said...

Next time you're here, Mike, I must show you the walking stick made from a hazel (I think) wattle taken from the fabric of the house, which dates from the 1500s. Which is a total digression brought on by Crowbard's comment!

Mike said...

I think perhaps I've seen it Z (????) But I'd love to have another look at it.

Rough said...

Pleased to hear that the sensible one is keeping an eye on you ;)

Mike said...




Can't think WHO you mean!!



Yes, I can really and I quite agree - but they're both DELIGHTFUL!!!!!