Friday 30 November 2018

Friday.



Largely for the benefit and information of Crowbard, although some others of you may find it interesting.

                                         _________________________________________


Dear Crowbard, reference trip to London last Tuesday; I promised to send you pictures of this Spanish  'fulminate lock' pistol if I purchased it. Well I  haven't as yet purchased it, as it comes up next  Thursday, I think. But then the old grey matter stirred, and I remembered that the item was illustrated in the sale catalogue, and, so long as no one objects to a minor infringement of  the  copyright laws (and I'll bet there might be - no no , nobody could be  so small minded as that when I'm trying to spread  knowledge) therefore I've taken a photograph of the illustrations of the  pistol in the  catalogue,  which I  hope will give  you  a clearer idea of the pistol.

Warm regards, and love to  young Jude,  Mike  (and Ann).

4 comments:

Crowbard said...

It's a handsome little devil Mike, Good Luck for the sale. I'll have a probe around but I doubt if I'll be able to get you any mercuric fulminate these days. I'll probably draw untoward attention even searching for it.

Crowbard said...

E-mail on the way Mike with formula & methodology.

Mike said...

The pistol sold today. I bid by telephone. Didn't get it. It made nearly twice its estimate!

Crowbard said...

I'm not surprised; it was beautiful, rare and good and there are still lots of people who have taste and funds enough to indulge their passions.