Tuesday 2 November 2010

Tuesday.


Earlier in the year I bought Ann a hibiscus plant. It flowered for several weeks, then eventually died back, so Ann pruned it and awarded it a summer in the garden. A few weeks ago Ann noticed that by now the leaves looked healthy and glossy, so bought it back inside before the first frosts. It rewarded her by almost immediately producing several buds, and is now in full flower and full of more buds. I always thought hibiscus were tropical plants and nearly impossible to grow in our climate, but Ann seems to have got the hang of this one.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

What a gorgeous hibiscus! You two must have very green thumbs.

Have you gotten rid of your colds? I am STILL coughing and am not back to normal.

Unknown said...

Hello Lori. Sorry to hear you're still under the weather. We're both back to normal. Ann says do you take echinacea? You should be able to get it at any decent health food shop. It does seem to help.
Warm regards to you both,Ann and Mike.

Pat said...

Much prettier then my rather boring one.
I brought some dahlia buds into the kitchen but it didn't work and I had to throw them away.

Unknown said...

Hello Pat. Yes, it's a deep pink centred white flower. I bought it in a local flower shop. The flowers last three to four days only, but there are lots of buds still to flower. It's the best Hibiscus Ann's had. Wish I had the name of it to pass on to you.
Mike and Ann.