Monday 27 September 2010

Monday 1.


Just home, so time for a quick blog. Ann is still in Wisbech with her three brothers, clearing Gran's flat. They expect to have finished the job sometime tomorrow afternoon. The above photo was taken yesterday, at a riverside pub near Bedford to celebrate my birthday (which was on the previous day) Ann had arranged it two months ago, and had managed (against all the odds) to keep it secret from me (we know each other far too well to successfully keep secrets from each other generally). There were eighteen of us, all told - Grandson Tom had a prior engagement, and Ruth, her husband Lasse, and their two girls, couldn't get, but will be over later in the week for Gran's funeral. It was a great party and cheered us both up. Should probably say- cheered us all up.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nea said...

It was kept a secret from me too!
Had I known, and seen the cake that Lizzy was bringing, I'd have extended my leave :)