Tuesday 13 July 2010

Tuesday 1.


Above is a fairly typical Swedish scene and skyscape. We're now back in town. Drove in this morning. Had lunch in a restaurant on top of a modern water tower on the edge of town. Ate there last week. Excellent restaurant. Everyone helps themselves, and returns for more when necessary. There are hotplates for the meat and vegetables, and a large central counter for salads, pasta, pickles, etc. There is a large vat of hot soup, breads, tea and coffee plus small cakes. Also a counter for jugs of cold water and fruit juices.Although it is a help- yourself place the staff are helpful and attentive. Needless to say lunch is lingered over. Nor is it as expensive as I'd expected. Ruth treated us last time, so I was pleasantly surprised to be charged around forty five pounds for the six of us. Generally speaking Scandinavia as a whole is nowadays no more expensive than England. Well, perhaps Norway is slightly. Last week, in Trondheim, I was charged just under seven pounds for a pint of local beer (admittedly excellent) with me lunch. Didn't think to check the price first with the waiter.
Since we've been back, and Whilst Ruth and Ann were in town food shopping, we had a dramatic and noisy thunderstorm with torrential rain. Took a photo of a bedraggled Freja on the balcony.
May publish it in a min if I can persuade the camera (Ruth's) to disgorge the photies.

2 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

What a gorgeous shot! Wish I could have been there for the meal you described...yum. You and Ann look like you are having as much fun with Nea and the kids as we had with Ariana. Such fun!

Unknown said...

Hi Lori. Yes, I think we are. In fact, as I said before, I think the four of us (i.e. you and Gary, Ann and I) are very lucky regarding our descendants.
Warm regards, Mike and Ann.