Thursday 6 May 2010

Thursday.

 


Not sure what this is (although I hope one of my readers will be able to tell me) but it gives us a lovely cushion of colour for a few weeks of the year.
Went into town this morning to vote. There was a very good turn out, and, I'm glad to report, no characters hanging about the entrance with clipboards asking intrusive questions about our voting intentions (although, if I'm completely honest I sometimes rather enjoy telling them what I think of the prospective candidates they are supporting). Then on to bank, and home. Got car out and drove Matthew to Manningtree Station and put him on the 11.18 train to Liverpool street. Ann stayed at home to prepare lunch, to which we'd invited our retired Dean David and his wife Felicity. Ann gave them fish pie, followed by stewed rhubarb and oranges (rhubarb being in season). We then had a cheeseboard, although I think we all rather toyed with that. It was lovely to see them, and we spent a very pleasant three hours swapping family news. Must do some work in workshop now, as I've got quite a backlog awaiting me. More later perhaps. Cheers, all.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My good (and knowledgeable) friends David and Sue Parker tell me that the plant photographed is an Alpine phlox.
Thanks Sue and David. I knew someone would tell me, and I thought it might be you.
Cheers, Mike.

Lori Skoog said...

We have an enormous amount of rhubarb and I just finished making a BBQ sauce for chicken using some of it. It smells delish!