Thursday 21 January 2010

Thursday 2.

 


When I got home at around twelve thirty p.m. I found the table was laid for four, and Ann told me that our friends (and fellow dealers) Keith and Jill had 'phoned and were coming to lunch. Ann had nipped into town and purchased mushrooms. She then made chicken and mushroom soup, using some of yesterday's left-over roast chicken, followed by cheddar and stilton cheese and biscuits. We then had coffee and the last of the Christmas cake. Ann said it was only a 'scratch' lunch, but we all thought it was a very good one. Jill and Keith are exhibiting at a good antique fair next week, and felt they were a little short of stock, so after lunch we withdrew to the withdrawing room, and business resulted, in that they purchased (between them) four snuff boxes and a nice (complete) brass tinder box. Altogether a very pleasant and civilised Way of doing business.
Must go. I'm being called to supper.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

DILLIGAF said...

I will - once I finally get my new camera - mail you some pics of my 'babies'.

I have two oil paintings I acquired from what was, basically, a junk shop - the chap even tried to sell me a working WWI officers pistol - with ammo!!!...hell of a shop...;-)

I would be interested in your opinion of them - obviously a pic is hardly a replacement for actually seeing them.

Just a thought.

I don't have many so please be gentle with this one...;-)

Lori Skoog said...

Social butterflies!!!!! Ann prepares great meals.

Unknown said...

Yes, I'd love to see them. And I'll tell you the truth about them (as I see it). And I'm an old enough dealer to be able to do that without offending.
Cheers, Mike.