Thursday 13 November 2008

Thursday.


Our back gate in evening light about a fortnight ago. Spent today working on a rather nice Quaker clock (loop and spurs). Sorted out several minor problems. In fact I thought I'd finished it, but the clock thought otherwise - it's now developed a clutch problem - going train to hands. Still I know where the problem is, and will tackle it in the morning,D.V.
We've just got in from choir practice. Everyone seemed a bit on edge, although I thought we sounded alright. Your blogger was reprimanded for singing an octave lower than he should have been doing. I often do this, I'm afraid, as do most basso profundos, but it's not usually spotted. Oh well, must try harder I suppose, and aim for higher standards - and notes!!
Been asked to give a talk to the Friends of St. Mary's in late January (so have plenty of time to look out my old notes, and brush up on them). They want me to do the one on 'The History of Base Metals'; half an hour and then a fifteen minutes question and answer session - hope I know the answers - if I don't I usually say so, but then promise to try and find out, and, so far, have done. There will be mince pies and mulled wine, I'm told. This should assist in rendering me reasonably eloquent. Must knock off now - Bedtime- Goodnight all. God bless you.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: