Monday 21 July 2008

Monday.

Same village - Nayland- lane beside the churchyard.
Just finished supper. Cold roast mutton with bubble and squeak (perhaps better explain that- bubble and squeak is the traditional name for a dish of -usually- cold boiled potato and cabbage,etc., that has been reheated in a frying pan-said to be an onoematopaeic name because of the noises it makes whilst frying- but I never heard such rude noises from any well behaved frying pan), and in this case with redcurrant jelly to go with the cold mutton - mint sauce goes just as well (matter of personal taste, I suppose). Anyway one of my favourites. Hoping to pop up to London tomorrow -by train- to deliver a small crossbow I have been making for grandson Mattew, for his fifteenth birthday. And to view a sale that I may- or may not- bid at eventually. So must grab what's left of an early night. Goodnight all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: