Wednesday 14 May 2008

Still Wednesday.

Rather to my surprise, successful attempt, as mentioned below, to put up old photo. It is of a village, Monks' Eleigh, a few miles away. The trouble appears to be in the USB, which is the cable connecting the camera to the computer. I don't know what USB stands for but I suppose the S in the middle stands for 'string'. Ann tells me there is a camera shop in town, so I will try to find a replacement piece of string there in the morning. Otherwise I'm afraid you will be seeing a series of old pictures on this blog. The village name mentioned above, Monks' Eleigh, probably doesn't need an apostrophe it, as there were never any monks there, and it probably refers to the fact that the village is along a small river, so that there was an abundance of monkshood flowers in the area. Soppy poem to end on :-

Rumblings.

Do you know why I'm envious of youth ?
Now, I'll guess you've som lively suggestion.
But no - if I tell you the truth,
what I envy the young's their digestion.

No comments: